Tipping in Goa
An innocuous yet a significant gesture, tipping is an integral part of any itinerary. Whenever we embark on a tour, we pay tips on different occasions. By its very nature, tipping is a proactive act and a sign of appreciation of the services we avail of during our journey. We usually dole out generous tips to waiters, room-service boys, cabbies and other such people who assist us for various purposes.
The influence of western culture is very much conspicuous in Goa and as such tipping is pretty much in practice. Whenever you frequent the famous nightclubs or discotheques of Goan beaches, don’t forget to leave tips for the waiters there. You can also pay tips to the room service boys of your hotel. Whatever the amount you pay, make sure you do so with a smiling face that reflects your gratitude. Read on further to know ‘how to give tips in Goa’.
- The amount of tip is usually around ten percent of the amount of bill. However, if you are happy with the services provided, you may give a larger amount also.
- Whenever you utilize special services of the hotel like laundry, which are not provided as a part of the package, make sure to tip the person who delivers the goods to you.
- If you are hiring a taxi for a short distance only, it is not necessary to tip the driver.
- Whenever you stay at the house of a friend or a relative, do not forget to give a tip to the domestic help.
- In small eating joints, the tip can range from anywhere between Rs. 10 to Rs. 30.